Blog single

Region 29 AGM 10th March 2019 Minutes

H-DRCGB Region 29 AGM

March 10th, 2019, 7pm

The Lord Moreton

Chirk, St Martin’s, Wrexham LL14 5DG

Apologies: Tich Craddock, Ant Walker, Stuart Cassells, Ian Ward, Russell Doughty, J Mark Davies
In Attendance  – 34
Item Discussion/Outcome Action
 

One minute’s silence was held in memory of Alan Cooper. RIP

 

1.0 Reps’ Review of Previous Year 1.1 Al congratulated the members on the successful International hosted by the Region in 2018. Details of income, costs and profits were provided.

Income =£19,104.04. Costs = £8,884.53. Therefore the profit was = £10,219.51. The Xmas party was funded from this profit, ( £1,350 food and £350 Band), leaving a balance in the Rally Account of 8,519.51.

General accounts – Region Fund has £897.60. PayPal account has £287.14. Cash Float is £180, following a £50 payout to Weston Pools as an outside lamp was broken by us. Cash Float plus £200 from the Rally Account is being used to pay for merchandise, which will be reimbursed as these items are paid for by members. Beanies, caps, T-Shirts and Hoodies are available therefore to order direct from Al. Patches and pins also being ordered from China.

Rep agreed to purchase x2 pop up marquees, one small for entrance/gate and one large for tea tent. These will be available for members to use for local regional events as well as our main ones.

Committee to consider requesting to host another International.

1.2 Al raised the discussions over the previous months about the region badge about the equal representation of both parts of the region. He outlined that changing the badge would mean losing our recognised identity as well as changing all the products. Instead he suggested that concerns could be overcome by adding a separate panel – one for each part – Blue and yellow with “Shropshire” embroidered on it and one red with “North Wales” on it. Members can choose to wear these or not. It was also noted that the region is relaxed about wearing the badge, it is not mandatory. Discussion on the floor resulted in a suggestion for a vote, so that the issue could be decided one and for all.

Outcome: Unanimous vote to keep the current badge and to offer the panels to all members

Rep to order Shropshire and North Wales badge panels – these will be free to members.
1.3 Neal confirmed the Tiddly Camping Weekend would be held again this year on 7th to 9th June at The Tiddly, Ellerdine Heath and at the request of Alan Cooper’s friends, there will be a memorial ride on the Saturday for Alan. Neal will confirm the details on Facebook. Neal to progress plans with Alan’s closest friends.
1.4 Christmas party was reported as a success and noted that the region funded it as a thank you for the International. It was noted that Weston Pools was a good venue and would be used again – next year would return to being a ticketed event, prices at cost and that only those with a paid up ticket would be allowed access. Date to be Jan 2020.

A tour of the brewery next door could also be considered.

Rep to progress plans when the time is nearer.
1.5 Region 29 Facebook account has a number of non-members, either because they were considering joining the Club or are friends of members. It was proposed and agreed that a 3 month period would be allowed and if they have not joined the Club in that time, then they will be notified that they will be removed if they are not going to join. Rep and Secretary to review who is on the FB account.
1.6 Current membership of R29 is 114 – The Club Members’ Secretary will keep the Rep updated on numbers and new joiners on a regular basis. We have had 18 new members in 2018 but noted that numbers are down from last year’s of 138. Floor requested that feedback is sought as to why people have left. Rep and Secretary to consider how to undertake this without breaching data protection.
2.0 Election of Committee All current Committee members were stood down.

The following nominations were made, uncontested

Role Candidate Proposed Seconded
Region Rep Al Lloyd Stuart Neal
Shrop Asst. Rep Neal Benting Al Pete G
N. Wales Asst. Rep Colin Turnbull Al Jon
Mid Wales Asst. Rep Bob Everett Colin Mike
Coast Asst. Rep Andrew Sutherland Al Trish
Treasurer Ruth Lloyd Glyn Trish

 

Outcome: Uncontested candidates were duly elected.

 

Secretary role was contested between two parties, – Chris Penson and a joint bid of Trish Fanthorpe and Glyn Pearson.  Both parties gave a brief speech to outline their views on the role and what they want to achieve, followed by a members’ vote.

Outcome: Trish and Glyn were duly elected.

 

Al formally thanked Chris for his contribution.

 

3.0 The coming Year 3.1 Al outlined ideas for attending a range of H-RCGB rallies as a region, particularly venturing south for a change. A proposed calendar of events to be drafted by Committee.
3.2 It was confirmed that the region is supporting Centrum this year (a HDC rally held in Holland 20th -22nd Sept) as it is their 50th anniversary and H-DRCGB are supporting it as a Club. Centrum Event to be posted on Facebook. Ruth will supply details of the booking agent to those who are interested and not booked.
3.3 National Club AGM is on Saturday 16th March in Market Harborough – Region committee members will be attending and any region member is welcome to attend.
3.4 Al proposed reinstating the Region newsletter, bi-monthly so that members know what is coming up. Secretaries to draft Newsletter.

 

3.5 A number of ideas for events were generated from the floor –

·         Region Rally in North Wales – pub with camping or pub with rooms.

·         Overseas weekend e.g. Mallorca bike event.

·         Activity weekend (check out our own members’ Bala Bunkhouse!).

·         Other ‘non-biking’ events – such as Spa day, BBQ, Canoeing.

Anyone with ideas for events and activities to contact the secretaries who will follow them up.
3.5 Ride-outs to continue and be encouraged – anyone can post – use the Events tab on Facebook so it doesn’t get lost in the Facebook threads.
4.0 AOB 4.1 Contributions to the Quin were discussed and it was confirmed that anyone can send in write-ups but these need to go to the Secretaries who will collate them and submit them to the Editor. Any ideas or write ups for the quin to be sent to the Secretaries.

Secretaries to issue reminders when the submission is due.

  4.2 It was confirmed that whilst banter is welcome on the Facebook page, we should be mindful that we should not cross the line.
5.0 Close of Meeting With no further business, Al thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.